The Advanced Search lets you find the federal award data — including contracts, grants, direct payments, loans, and other types of awards — for both prime recipients and sub-recipients (See Sub-Award Toggle). Its extensive filters let you determine the specificity of your data set, and its interactive visualizations complement the data tables.
HOW TO USE ADVANCED SEARCH
- You can select as many filters as needed to narrow your search.
- Many of the filters, such Award Type, Recipient Type and Award Amount give you the option of selecting sub-filters under the high-level filter. Click on the > to open the sub-filter list.
- For those fields that require you to enter information -- Agency, Location, Recipient, DUNS, Award ID, CFDA, PSC, and NAIC -- you can search for multiple items:
- Enter the first item (such as an Agency or Recipient Name) and press Enter.
- Enter the next item and press Enter.
- When you have added all the items, click the Submit Search button. Your results will include all your search requests.
Spending by Prime Award – The Table displays data rolled up by Award.
Sub-Awards Toggle – The Table displays the Sub-Awards that meet the filter requirements, not the Sub-Awards for the previously displayed prime awards.
Spending Over Time – The chart displays transaction results for the filter(s) selected. The default display is Years, but you can also select Quarters or Months.
Spending by Geography -- Scroll over the heat map to see data by state. Double click on a state to zoom in, and then select County or Congressional District to drill into the state data. The default location is Place of Performance but you can also select Recipient Location.
Spending by Category -- This visualization provides an overall picture of obligations by Agency, Recipient, CFDA Program or Industry Code (PSC/NAIC). Select Sub-Agencies for a more granular view.
The Advanced Search Table displays results rolled up by Awards. However, the Download is limited to 500,000 records to be downloaded. It is possible that you will see fewer than 500,000 Awards in the results table and be unable to download a file because there are more than 500,000 Transactions records attached to those Awards.